Learn through lectures, role playing, hands-on practice, and simulations from instructors who are retired police officers. The company and curriculum is certified by the federal Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB). The course includes instruction in life skills, interview skills, job searching, and job retention. Job placement is assured for those participants who successfully complete the course. At the end of the program graduates will have the skills and abilities to pursue an entry-level position as a security officer or undercover loss prevention officer.
Positions: malls, condos, commercial buildings, banks, hospitals, colleges, airport
Subjects include: arrest procedures, access control, first aid & CPR, closed-circuit television cameras, handcuffing, use of force, fire safety, radio communications, WHMIS, report writing, public relations, traffic direction, and the Trespass to Property Act. Over 35 subjects including the CGSB security officer curriculum, which will be required for all security officers working in Ontario by 2007
Drop in to 1537 Warden Avenue, from Monday-Friday from 9 am to 3 pm to fill out an application form and get a screening interview. Bring the Skill Training referral form, 3 pieces of government-issued ID (including a SIN card) and a resume if you have one. If you are not a Canadian citizen, a valid work permit and landing papers/notice of decision/permanent resident card is required. The application takes about 45 minutes to complete. The interview takes approximately 15 minutes.
1. clients must be able to produce a clean police check, free of criminal convictions or outstanding matters such as provincial fines before the courts
2. 3 pieces of government-issued ID are required to get a security officer license in Ontario
3. clients must be able to work shifts: days, afternoons, nights, weekends, holidays
4. clients must be able to work anywhere in the GTA
5. clients must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time